Parikshit is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the Department of Neurosurgery at Brigham & Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School. He completed his medical school training at K. J. Somaiya Medical College in Mumbai, India. Prior to graduation, his research pursuits focused on Pharmacology and Natural Product Chemistry with a definitive shift toward Neurosurgery during his clinical years.
He has completed away clinical rotations at Massachusetts General Hospital through Harvard Medical School at the Department of Neurosurgery and the Division of Vascular & Endovascular Surgery. He has also completed a rotation in Trauma Surgery at the Cook County Trauma & Burn Unit at John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital in Chicago.
His current research interests include projects pertaining to intra-operative brain shift, intra-operative fluorescence imaging, tractography using DTI, brain plasticity using fMRI and the development of tools to visualize the growth of meningiomas. Subsequent to his fellowship, he hopes to pursue a Neurosurgery Residency Training Program in the United States.
Outside of research, he serves as a member of the Networking committee in the Postdoctoral Association at Brigham & Women’s Hospital. In his spare time, he enjoys freelance graphic design, self-learning programming languages, philanthropic ventures and live music.
- Saroj S Varpe, Archana R Juvekar, Mukta P Bidikar, Parikshit R Juvekar. Evaluation of anti-inflammatory activity of Typha angustifolia pollen grains extracts in experimental animals. Indian Journal of Pharmacology, 44(6), 2012, 788-791. PMID: 23248413, PMC3523511.
- Dnyaneshwar M. Nagmoti, Dharmendra K. Khatri, Parikshit R. Juvekar, Archana R. Juvekar. Antioxidant and free radical scavenging potential of Pithecellobium dulce Benth seed extracts. Free radicals and antioxidants; 2(2); 37-43, 2012.
- Anuya A. Rege, Parikshit R. Juvekar, Archana R. Juvekar. In vitro anti-lipid peroxidation and anti-arthritic activity of Avicennia officinalis. Journal of Natural Remedies, 12(2), 2012, 157-161.
- Rege A., Juvekar P, Juvekar A. In vitro antioxidant and anti-arthritic activities of Shilajit. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 4(2), 2012, 650-653.
- Rege A. A., Juvekar P.R., Juvekar A. R. In vitro lipid peroxidation inhibitory and anti-arthritic activities of some Indian medicinal plants. Indian Drugs, 49(6), 2012, 31-35.